Acanthus LW Architects have been appointed as lead consultants for the conservation, repair and adaption of the Manor House library in Lee. The house originally dates from 1774 and was designed as a typical gentlemans country villa of its day by Richard Jupp, in a style heavily influenced by Robert Adam. It celebrated its centenery as a public library in November 2002, and its associated landscaped garden is now a popular public park, restored with Heritage Lottery Fund assisstance in 1999-2000.
A conservation plan was produced in 2003 to guide both the conservation and repair of valuable historic fabric and the design of the interventions necessary to support the new patterns of use for the building. As well as retaining and revitilising the library service the buildings use is to expand to include council training facilities and a range of community uses. As lead consultants AL&W are acting as architects and project managers, and have sub-contracted all other consultants and speacialists necessary to offer a single co-ordinated professional services package to the client.